32a Outbuilding of the farm from Rottach-Egern
House name "Fischerweber"
Presentation time: 1482 – 1960s
From the outside, the adjoining Fischerweber house seems like a plain two-storey, miniature single-roof farmhouse with living quarters and working quarters, in a composite design of wood and stonework; but the inconspicuous exterior hides an unusually complex building history, with spectacular discoveries from the late Middle Ages and early modern era.
Did you know?
The private chapel, a two-storey oratory with lavish accoutrements from five centuries, was installed in the floor plan as a self-contained cube – a real barrel-vaulted treasure trove. The “altar objects” are explicitly listed as inventory belonging to the adjoining house in a deed from 1803 which arranged legal succession. The oratory mainly sets itself apart from other private chapels in the region of Upper Bavaria in four aspects: the closeness of its furnishings, the quantity of objects preserved, the variety of content and materials and the broad time scale of the objects, ranging from the 15th to the 20th century.