Sprungziele
Seiteninhalt

Our buildings

65 Buildings found

The house name Zehentmaier is a family name and was transferred to the farmstead by a previous farmer. The history of the building is directly linked to a major European event. During the Thirty Years' War, Swedish soldiers set multiple buildings on fire in Sauerlach, including the building which previously stood on the site of the farm.
The house name Zehentmaier is a family name and was transferred to the farmstead by a previous farmer. The history of the building is directly linked to a major European event. During the Thirty Years' War, Swedish soldiers set multiple buildings on fire in Sauerlach, including the building which previously stood on the site of the farm.

11 Farmhouse from Sauerlach
House name "Zehentmaier"

District: München
Municipality: Sauerlach
Year of Construction: 1637/38
Type of Building: farm
more


By the early 20th century, the Müller farm's home comforts included
a smokeless kitchen (cf. no. 11 Zehentmaier) in which a tiled stove with its own heatable kettle replaced the open hearth. There was also running water, which started to make life easier from around 1915. Inhabitants also had access to electricity some time after that.
By the early 20th century, the Müller farm's home comforts included a smokeless kitchen (cf. no. 11 Zehentmaier) in which a tiled stove with its own heatable kettle replaced the open hearth. There was also running water, which started to make life easier from around 1915. Inhabitants also had access to electricity some time after that.

12 Farm from Hofolding

House name "Müller"

District: München
Municipality: Brunnthal
Type of Building: farm
more


Hof aus Kochel, Hausname "Hoderer"
Hof aus Kochel, Hausname "Hoderer"
2
3

13  Farm from Kochel
House name "Hoderer"

District: Bad Tölz - Wolfratshausen
Municipality: Kochel
Year of Construction: 1775
Type of Building: farm
more



With floor space of just under 23m2 and a ridge height of approximately four metres, the apiary is a decidedly stately building and accommodated bees in numbers of up to 30 colonies. The colourful design of the south side is especially striking.
With floor space of just under 23m2 and a ridge height of approximately four metres, the apiary is a decidedly stately building and accommodated bees in numbers of up to 30 colonies. The colourful design of the south side is especially striking.

13c Apiary from Hohenpeißenberg

District: Weilheim-Schongau
Municipality: Hohenpeißenberg
Year of Construction: 1910
Type of Building: apiary
more



This small property was the first to be reconstructed at the museum in combination with outbuildings. Most of the furnishings are in their original form. The name of the small property «Beim Hirten» is first mentioned in the sources in 1760.
This small property was the first to be reconstructed at the museum in combination with outbuildings. Most of the furnishings are in their original form. The name of the small property «Beim Hirten» is first mentioned in the sources in 1760.
2

15 Small property from Kerschlach
House name "Beim Hirten"

District: Weilheim-Schongau
Municipality: Pähl
Year of Construction: 1659
Type of Building: small property
more


The lack of space was a constant at the small, one-storey property «Beim Hirten» (15). As it was not possible to extend the main building, farm owner Georg Dischner Sr. built a barn in 1914 which had to be extended again a few years later (1922). It was used to store hay and straw.
The lack of space was a constant at the small, one-storey property «Beim Hirten» (15). As it was not possible to extend the main building, farm owner Georg Dischner Sr. built a barn in 1914 which had to be extended again a few years later (1922). It was used to store hay and straw.

15a Barn from Kerschlach
House name "Beim Hirten"

District: Weilheim-Schongau
Municipality: Pähl
Year of Construction: 1912
Type of Building: barn
more



The furnishings in the rope workshop are from the 19th century and came from a workshop which was in operation in Weilheim, Upper Bavaria, until 1925. A new building was constructed by the Open Air Museum specifically to show it to this extent.
The furnishings in the rope workshop are from the 19th century and came from a workshop which was in operation in Weilheim, Upper Bavaria, until 1925. A new building was constructed by the Open Air Museum specifically to show it to this extent.

17 Rope workshop from Weilheim

District: Weilheim-Schongau
Municipality: Weilheim
Type of Building: farm buildings
more




It was quite common for people to bake their own bread in rural areas until about 1950, so farms often included baking houses among their outbuildings.
It was quite common for people to bake their own bread in rural areas until about 1950, so farms often included baking houses among their outbuildings.

18b Baking house from Arget

District: München
Municipality: Sauerlach
Year of Construction: vor 1860
Type of Building: baking house
more


This property had very little land, so its inhabitants were always reliant on supplementary income, as was the case for many farmers. At times, they generated this income as wainwrights. A wainwright's workshop was set up in the former stable when the building was taken on by the Open Air Museum.
This property had very little land, so its inhabitants were always reliant on supplementary income, as was the case for many farmers. At times, they generated this income as wainwrights. A wainwright's workshop was set up in the former stable when the building was taken on by the Open Air Museum.

21 Small property from Brandstätt
House name "Wagner"

District: Rosenheim
Municipality: Edling
Year of Construction: 1825
Type of Building: small property
more




Bee-keeping once played an important role in agricultural self-sufficiency. As well as being a sweetener, honey was considered an important remedy. Up to 16 bee colonies could live in this apiary, with each beehive accommodating 20,000 to 70,000 bees.
Bee-keeping once played an important role in agricultural self-sufficiency. As well as being a sweetener, honey was considered an important remedy. Up to 16 bee colonies could live in this apiary, with each beehive accommodating 20,000 to 70,000 bees.

25 Apiary from Orthofen

District: Rosenheim
Municipality: Bruckmühl
Type of Building: apiary
more



The baking house from Brand was once part of the Fellner farm, a single-roof farmhouse near Ruhpolding. Today, its function at the Open Air Museum is to complete the Weißenbach property, whose outbuilding no longer existed when the farm was taken on.
The baking house from Brand was once part of the Fellner farm, a single-roof farmhouse near Ruhpolding. Today, its function at the Open Air Museum is to complete the Weißenbach property, whose outbuilding no longer existed when the farm was taken on.

31a Baking house from Brand

District: Traunstein
Municipality: Ruhpolding
Year of Construction: 18th/19th
Type of Building: baking house
more



From the outside, the adjoining Fischerweber house seems like a plain two-storey,
miniature single-roof farmhouse with living quarters and working quarters, in a composite design of wood and stonework; but the inconspicuous exterior hides an unusually complex building history, with spectacular discoveries from the late Middle Ages and early modern era.
From the outside, the adjoining Fischerweber house seems like a plain two-storey, miniature single-roof farmhouse with living quarters and working quarters, in a composite design of wood and stonework; but the inconspicuous exterior hides an unusually complex building history, with spectacular discoveries from the late Middle Ages and early modern era.

32a Outbuilding of the farm from Rottach-Egern
House name "Fischerweber"

District: Miesbach
Municipality: Rottach-Egern
Year of Construction: 1482
Type of Building: adjoining house
more


The Bichl farm, which is one of the oldest buildings at the museum along with the Brunnerkaser building (A2), was built entirely out of wood in 1508 in today's cubic form - the living quarters in log assembly and the working quarters in a boarded, timber-framed construction.
The Bichl farm, which is one of the oldest buildings at the museum along with the Brunnerkaser building (A2), was built entirely out of wood in 1508 in today's cubic form - the living quarters in log assembly and the working quarters in a boarded, timber-framed construction.

41 Small property from Thal
House name "Bichl"

District: Traunstein
Municipality: Siegsdorf
Year of Construction: 1508
Type of Building: small property
more


When the building was taken on by the Open Air Museum in 1991, it had seen no essential structural change for approximately 90 years. The furnishings had barely been modernised since then, either, and the well and baking house were still in place. This rare integrity means that the Weber house is a special historical record.
When the building was taken on by the Open Air Museum in 1991, it had seen no essential structural change for approximately 90 years. The furnishings had barely been modernised since then, either, and the well and baking house were still in place. This rare integrity means that the Weber house is a special historical record.

42 Small property from Straß
House name "Weberhäusl"

District: Berchtesgadener Land
Municipality: Laufen
Year of Construction: 1597
Type of Building: small property
more


The colourful design of the building, dating from the second half of the 19th century, is remarkable. As there was barely anything left of the original furnishings, the focus here was on reconstructing the colourful interior and exterior walls for the purposes of presentation. What remained of the previous interior design is on display, as well as a few personal effects.
The colourful design of the building, dating from the second half of the 19th century, is remarkable. As there was barely anything left of the original furnishings, the focus here was on reconstructing the colourful interior and exterior walls for the purposes of presentation. What remained of the previous interior design is on display, as well as a few personal effects.

43 Small property from Oberteisendorf
House name "Weidacher"

District: Berchtesgadener Land
Municipality: Teisendorf
Year of Construction: 1809
Type of Building: small property
more


Seite: