This ensemble consists of two buildings: a bowling alley and a veranda, or «Salettl»/pavilion, which both once belonged to the Staudham guesthouse. The veranda combined several functions under one roof: ice house, cold-storage room, bar and veranda. The former ice house is now a modern kitchen for the restaurant. The bowling alley can be rented out.
This property had very little land, so its inhabitants were always reliant on supplementary income, as was the case for many farmers. At times, they generated this income as wainwrights. A wainwright's workshop was set up in the former stable when the building was taken on by the Open Air Museum.
Bee-keeping once played an important role in agricultural self-sufficiency. As well as being a sweetener, honey was considered an important remedy. Up to 16 bee colonies could live in this apiary, with each beehive accommodating 20,000 to 70,000 bees.
District: Rosenheim Municipality: Pfaffing Year of Construction: 1788 Type of Building:
This barn is a timber-framed construction with «Bundwerk» structure on the upper floor. The dense arrangement of the cross beams was intended more as an adornment and status symbol than a structural necessity. The building is used at the Open Air Museum as a depot and is therefore not accessible to the public.