This small hut, a plain timber-framed construction, was used by shepherds as a simple shelter for the night or in bad weather. The most important furnishings were the cooker and bedstead. There was no stable for the animals.
This small property was the first to be reconstructed at the museum in combination with outbuildings. Most of the furnishings are in their original form. The name of the small property «Beim Hirten» is first mentioned in the sources in 1760.
With floor space of just under 23m2 and a ridge height of approximately four metres, the apiary is a decidedly stately building and accommodated bees in numbers of up to 30 colonies. The colourful design of the south side is especially striking.
The lack of space was a constant at the small, one-storey property «Beim Hirten» (15). As it was not possible to extend the main building, farm owner Georg Dischner Sr. built a barn in 1914 which had to be extended again a few years later (1922). It was used to store hay and straw.
The furnishings in the rope workshop are from the 19th century and came from a workshop which was in operation in Weilheim, Upper Bavaria, until 1925. A new building was constructed by the Open Air Museum specifically to show it to this extent.
This chapel, consecrated to St. George, is from the hamlet of Kirnberg which contained 11 farms. It belonged to the «Kirnberg chapel community», which built the chapel as a prayer room and oratory and shared the costs and maintenance expenses. The chapel is therefore a private oratory furnished according to the personal requirements and habits of Kirnberg farmers, with altars, statues of saints and pictures.