Sprungziele
Seiteninhalt

Our buildings

65 Buildings found

What makes this traditional barn special is the combination of keeping livestock and the harvest under one roof. Its location on a slope allowed the farmer direct access to the threshing floor via a ramp
What makes this traditional barn special is the combination of keeping livestock and the harvest under one roof. Its location on a slope allowed the farmer direct access to the threshing floor via a ramp

51b Barn from Ramsau

District: Berchtesgadener Land
Municipality: Ramsau
Year of Construction: 18th cent.
Type of Building: farm buildings
more



The mill building was once part of a remote mountain farm named Unterlandtal-Lehen in the rural municipality of Berchtesgadener Land. It was built on a small stream approximately 200 metres away from the main building and served as a multi-functional workshop.
The mill building was once part of a remote mountain farm named Unterlandtal-Lehen in the rural municipality of Berchtesgadener Land. It was built on a small stream approximately 200 metres away from the main building and served as a multi-functional workshop.

51d Farmyard mill from Unterlandtal

District: Berchtesgadener Land
Municipality: Ramsau
Type of Building: mill
more


The farm from Schönau was taken on by the Open Air Museum in 1988,
and with it more than 1,400 original fixtures. Today, the building and furnishings vividly convey what life was like on a small farm in and around the year 1960, by which time it had already been affected by tourism for many decades.
The farm from Schönau was taken on by the Open Air Museum in 1988, and with it more than 1,400 original fixtures. Today, the building and furnishings vividly convey what life was like on a small farm in and around the year 1960, by which time it had already been affected by tourism for many decades.

53 Farm from Schönau
House name "Samerhäusl"

District: Berchtesgadener Land
Municipality: Schönau
Year of Construction: 1790
Type of Building: farm
more


The plot name «Steinbichl» describes the location of the small property, which had barely any land, on a stony, barren
mountainside. As its inhabitants did not cultivate the land or keep any livestock, they were exempted by the landlord, the Augustinian monastery in Berchtesgaden, from the taxes in kind which would usually have been payable
The plot name «Steinbichl» describes the location of the small property, which had barely any land, on a stony, barren mountainside. As its inhabitants did not cultivate the land or keep any livestock, they were exempted by the landlord, the Augustinian monastery in Berchtesgaden, from the taxes in kind which would usually have been payable

54 Small property from Oberau

House name "Steinbichl"

District: Berchtesgadener Land
Municipality: Berchtesgaden
Year of Construction: 1621
Type of Building: small property
more






The granary belonged to a stately and isolated farm called Mooser and was built as a detached, two-storey log assembly structure in 1512. It was encased on two sides with a boarded timber frame, presumably in the 19th century. The additional space which resulted was used as a shelter for wagons.
The granary belonged to a stately and isolated farm called Mooser and was built as a detached, two-storey log assembly structure in 1512. It was encased on two sides with a boarded timber frame, presumably in the 19th century. The additional space which resulted was used as a shelter for wagons.

64a Granary from Moosen

District: Traunstein
Municipality: Tittmoning
Year of Construction: 1512
Type of Building: grainary
more


The 14-metre-high windpump was built by the well builder and farmer Peter Wolfmaier with the help of a locksmith in 1926 to provide running water for the property. The rotor was available as a construction kit from the company Aufschläger in Simbach; the lower part of the system was home-made and consists of standard construction steel.
The 14-metre-high windpump was built by the well builder and farmer Peter Wolfmaier with the help of a locksmith in 1926 to provide running water for the property. The rotor was available as a construction kit from the company Aufschläger in Simbach; the lower part of the system was home-made and consists of standard construction steel.

64b Windpump from Garching an der Alz

District: Altötting
Municipality: Garching an der Alz
Year of Construction: 1926
Type of Building: technical constructions
more


This barn is a timber-framed construction with «Bundwerk» structure on the upper floor. The dense arrangement of the cross beams was intended more as an adornment and status symbol than a structural necessity. The building is used at the Open Air Museum as a depot and is therefore not accessible to the public.
This barn is a timber-framed construction with «Bundwerk» structure on the upper floor. The dense arrangement of the cross beams was intended more as an adornment and status symbol than a structural necessity. The building is used at the Open Air Museum as a depot and is therefore not accessible to the public.

65 Bundwerk barn from Albaching

District: Rosenheim
Municipality: Albaching
Year of Construction: 1841
Type of Building: barn
more


Horse mills were commonplace in farming from approximately 1850 until the 1930s. They were primarily used to run threshers or feed cutters, but also circular saws. This propulsion technique spread further again from approximately 1890 onwards thanks to the invention of the horse-powered threshing machine, which meant that most large farms had a horse mill by 1900.
Horse mills were commonplace in farming from approximately 1850 until the 1930s. They were primarily used to run threshers or feed cutters, but also circular saws. This propulsion technique spread further again from approximately 1890 onwards thanks to the invention of the horse-powered threshing machine, which meant that most large farms had a horse mill by 1900.


The «Hainzenkaser» building is one of a very small number of authentic, preserved cabins with internal living quarters. In this seemingly archaic building type, the living and working quarters are surrounded on all four sides by stables. This is why there are no windows in the cabin, with the only daylight reaching the interior via an open door.
The «Hainzenkaser» building is one of a very small number of authentic, preserved cabins with internal living quarters. In this seemingly archaic building type, the living and working quarters are surrounded on all four sides by stables. This is why there are no windows in the cabin, with the only daylight reaching the interior via an open door.



The «Duslaualm» was used as a low mountain pasture. Three cabins. and a shared haybarn were recorded here in the mid-19th century, run by the Hanndl, Zahler and Spitzer farms in Kreuth. The Hanndl cheesemaking hut is built in a mountain pasture style typical to the northern Alpine region, with small living quarters and a large stable.
The «Duslaualm» was used as a low mountain pasture. Three cabins. and a shared haybarn were recorded here in the mid-19th century, run by the Hanndl, Zahler and Spitzer farms in Kreuth. The Hanndl cheesemaking hut is built in a mountain pasture style typical to the northern Alpine region, with small living quarters and a large stable.



The southern Chiemgau region is a popular elite hunting destination to this day and the Wieselberg hut was built as prestigious lodging for wealthy hunting guests in 1897. When the annex for foresters and woodsmen was built in 1954, a new social group moved into the mountain hut. Both functions, workers' accommodation and hunting lodge, are clearly separated.
The southern Chiemgau region is a popular elite hunting destination to this day and the Wieselberg hut was built as prestigious lodging for wealthy hunting guests in 1897. When the annex for foresters and woodsmen was built in 1954, a new social group moved into the mountain hut. Both functions, workers' accommodation and hunting lodge, are clearly separated.

A7 Forester’s hut from Wieselberg

District: Traunstein
Municipality: Schleching
Year of Construction: 1897
Type of Building: farm buildings
more


The district assembly of Upper Bavaria passed a resolution in 2012 to have a new entrance building constructed for its Glentleiten Open Air Museum. There was a Europe-wide competition one year later in which almost 300 architecture firms took part. The jury chose a design from the Florian Nagler Architekten office in Munich.
The district assembly of Upper Bavaria passed a resolution in 2012 to have a new entrance building constructed for its Glentleiten Open Air Museum. There was a Europe-wide competition one year later in which almost 300 architecture firms took part. The jury chose a design from the Florian Nagler Architekten office in Munich.

The Starkerer barn is superficially one of the most beautiful barns in Upper Bavaria. The façade (south side and east pediment) are decorated with opulent Bundwerk and imaginative carvings. The barn's four large doors are also richly designed. As some conclusive remains of the original ornamental painting had been preserved, it was possible to reconstruct the original colours.
The Starkerer barn is superficially one of the most beautiful barns in Upper Bavaria. The façade (south side and east pediment) are decorated with opulent Bundwerk and imaginative carvings. The barn's four large doors are also richly designed. As some conclusive remains of the original ornamental painting had been preserved, it was possible to reconstruct the original colours.
2

E2 Bundwerk barn from Starkern
House name "Starkerer"

District: Altötting
Municipality: Tyrlaching
Year of Construction: 1855
Type of Building: barn
more



This ensemble consists of two buildings: a bowling alley and a veranda, or «Salettl»/pavilion, which both once belonged to the Staudham guesthouse. The veranda combined several functions under one roof: ice house, cold-storage room, bar and veranda. The former ice house is now a modern kitchen for the restaurant. The bowling alley can be rented out.
This ensemble consists of two buildings: a bowling alley and a veranda, or «Salettl»/pavilion, which both once belonged to the Staudham guesthouse. The veranda combined several functions under one roof: ice house, cold-storage room, bar and veranda. The former ice house is now a modern kitchen for the restaurant. The bowling alley can be rented out.

E5 Salettl and bowling alley from Staudham

District: Rosenheim
Municipality: Wasserburg
Year of Construction: 1872
Type of Building: bowling alley
more

Seite: