Filling station from Brem
In 1953 the Meier family opened a filling station in Unterwössen/Brem – situated directly at the “Deutsche Alpenstraße” (German Alpine Road), leading from “Bodensee” to “Königssee”.
In the beginning the two fuel pumps were located in the open. 1955/1956 the service building with projecting canopy was built, only the diesel pump still stayed outdoors.
Gently curved forms, modern materials and bright colours clearly stood in contrast to the surroundings of the filling station. Construction plans were issued by the Gasolin AG. It was a standardized plan of filling station types, realized many times in the whole Federal Republic of Germany.
Until 1971 the building shone in the corporate colours red and white. After takeover of the Gasolin AG by their competitor Aral AG, the pump station at Brem got painted in blue. In 1982 the Meier family finally closed down the filling station.