Sprungziele
Seiteninhalt

Our buildings

66 Buildings found

The two structures, a workshop with a tuff saw and a storage shed, highlight the ways in which calcareous tuff was extracted and processed in southern Upper Bavaria.
The two structures, a workshop with a tuff saw and a storage shed, highlight the ways in which calcareous tuff was extracted and processed in southern Upper Bavaria.

T9 Tuff saw from Huglfing

District: Weilheim-Schongau
Municipality: Huglfing
Year of Construction: 1912/13
Type of Building: saw mill
more


«Zollingerhalle», originally built in 1928 as a sawmill, is an impressive example of early rural industrial architecture. The roof, which arches over the column-free room, is a lamella construction, developed by Friedrich Zollinger in the early 20th century.
«Zollingerhalle», originally built in 1928 as a sawmill, is an impressive example of early rural industrial architecture. The roof, which arches over the column-free room, is a lamella construction, developed by Friedrich Zollinger in the early 20th century.

T11 System building hall from Warngau

District: Miesbach
Municipality: Warngau
Year of Construction: 1928
Type of Building: hall
more



The 14-metre-high windpump was built by the well builder and farmer Peter Wolfmaier with the help of a locksmith in 1926 to provide running water for the property. The rotor was available as a construction kit from the company Aufschläger in Simbach; the lower part of the system was home-made and consists of standard construction steel.
The 14-metre-high windpump was built by the well builder and farmer Peter Wolfmaier with the help of a locksmith in 1926 to provide running water for the property. The rotor was available as a construction kit from the company Aufschläger in Simbach; the lower part of the system was home-made and consists of standard construction steel.

64b Windpump from Garching an der Alz

District: Altötting
Municipality: Garching an der Alz
Year of Construction: 1926
Type of Building: technical constructions
more





This barn is a timber-framed construction with «Bundwerk» structure on the upper floor. The dense arrangement of the cross beams was intended more as an adornment and status symbol than a structural necessity. The building is used at the Open Air Museum as a depot and is therefore not accessible to the public.
This barn is a timber-framed construction with «Bundwerk» structure on the upper floor. The dense arrangement of the cross beams was intended more as an adornment and status symbol than a structural necessity. The building is used at the Open Air Museum as a depot and is therefore not accessible to the public.

65 Bundwerk barn from Albaching

District: Rosenheim
Municipality: Albaching
Year of Construction: 1841
Type of Building: barn
more



The Fischbach mill belonged to an agricultural property with an imposing estate and was a mill which people paid to use, so it was not only the miller's own grain which was ground, but mainly that of the surrounding farms.
The Fischbach mill belonged to an agricultural property with an imposing estate and was a mill which people paid to use, so it was not only the miller's own grain which was ground, but mainly that of the surrounding farms.

T5 Grain mill from Fischbach

District: Bad Tölz - Wolfratshausen
Municipality: Wackersberg
Year of Construction: ca. 1800
Type of Building: mill
more



Horse mills were commonplace in farming from approximately 1850 until the 1930s. They were primarily used to run threshers or feed cutters, but also circular saws. This propulsion technique spread further again from approximately 1890 onwards thanks to the invention of the horse-powered threshing machine, which meant that most large farms had a horse mill by 1900.
Horse mills were commonplace in farming from approximately 1850 until the 1930s. They were primarily used to run threshers or feed cutters, but also circular saws. This propulsion technique spread further again from approximately 1890 onwards thanks to the invention of the horse-powered threshing machine, which meant that most large farms had a horse mill by 1900.





What makes this traditional barn special is the combination of keeping livestock and the harvest under one roof. Its location on a slope allowed the farmer direct access to the threshing floor via a ramp
What makes this traditional barn special is the combination of keeping livestock and the harvest under one roof. Its location on a slope allowed the farmer direct access to the threshing floor via a ramp

51b Barn from Ramsau

District: Berchtesgadener Land
Municipality: Ramsau
Year of Construction: 18th cent.
Type of Building: farm buildings
more



With floor space of just under 23m2 and a ridge height of approximately four metres, the apiary is a decidedly stately building and accommodated bees in numbers of up to 30 colonies. The colourful design of the south side is especially striking.
With floor space of just under 23m2 and a ridge height of approximately four metres, the apiary is a decidedly stately building and accommodated bees in numbers of up to 30 colonies. The colourful design of the south side is especially striking.

13c Apiary from Hohenpeißenberg

District: Weilheim-Schongau
Municipality: Hohenpeißenberg
Year of Construction: 1910
Type of Building: apiary
more


This chapel, consecrated to St. George, is from the hamlet of Kirnberg which contained 11 farms. It belonged to the «Kirnberg chapel community», which built the chapel as a prayer room and oratory and shared the costs and maintenance expenses. The chapel is therefore a private oratory furnished according to the personal requirements and habits of Kirnberg farmers, with altars, statues of saints and pictures.
This chapel, consecrated to St. George, is from the hamlet of Kirnberg which contained 11 farms. It belonged to the «Kirnberg chapel community», which built the chapel as a prayer room and oratory and shared the costs and maintenance expenses. The chapel is therefore a private oratory furnished according to the personal requirements and habits of Kirnberg farmers, with altars, statues of saints and pictures.

S1 Chapel from Kirnberg

District: Weilheim-Schongau
Municipality: Böbing
Year of Construction: ca. 1813
Type of Building: chapel
more


Hof aus Kochel, Hausname "Hoderer"
Hof aus Kochel, Hausname "Hoderer"
2
3

13  Farm from Kochel
House name "Hoderer"

District: Bad Tölz - Wolfratshausen
Municipality: Kochel
Year of Construction: 1775
Type of Building: farm
more



The lack of space was a constant at the small, one-storey property «Beim Hirten» (15). As it was not possible to extend the main building, farm owner Georg Dischner Sr. built a barn in 1914 which had to be extended again a few years later (1922). It was used to store hay and straw.
The lack of space was a constant at the small, one-storey property «Beim Hirten» (15). As it was not possible to extend the main building, farm owner Georg Dischner Sr. built a barn in 1914 which had to be extended again a few years later (1922). It was used to store hay and straw.

15a Barn from Kerschlach
House name "Beim Hirten"

District: Weilheim-Schongau
Municipality: Pähl
Year of Construction: 1912
Type of Building: barn
more


Wayside crosses were erected as a mark of faith; they exhort godliness and also give assurance to wayfarers on their journeys. The cross with a neo-Gothic figure of Christ is from the Munich district of Berg am Laim. It was donated to the Open Air Museum and, in accordance with the tradition, erected along a path.
Wayside crosses were erected as a mark of faith; they exhort godliness and also give assurance to wayfarers on their journeys. The cross with a neo-Gothic figure of Christ is from the Munich district of Berg am Laim. It was donated to the Open Air Museum and, in accordance with the tradition, erected along a path.

S2 Wayside cross from Berg am Laim

District: München
Municipality: München
Type of Building: wayside cross
more


By the early 20th century, the Müller farm's home comforts included
a smokeless kitchen (cf. no. 11 Zehentmaier) in which a tiled stove with its own heatable kettle replaced the open hearth. There was also running water, which started to make life easier from around 1915. Inhabitants also had access to electricity some time after that.
By the early 20th century, the Müller farm's home comforts included a smokeless kitchen (cf. no. 11 Zehentmaier) in which a tiled stove with its own heatable kettle replaced the open hearth. There was also running water, which started to make life easier from around 1915. Inhabitants also had access to electricity some time after that.

12 Farm from Hofolding

House name "Müller"

District: München
Municipality: Brunnthal
Type of Building: farm
more

Seite: